Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A GOOD QUOTE

"Human greatness begins where submission to fear ends. You cannot become wealthy like Bill Gates without first casting aside the fear that you will fail, without risking capital and prestige. You cannot become a Winston Churchill if you are intimidated by the evil power that you must fight. You can’t get a college degree if you’re afraid of taking tests, and you can’t win an Olympic gold medal if you’re afraid of losing a race. It is courage, not caution that leads to great success.”

I was on Sarah Hall's (a US Distance Runner) blog and she posted this quote. I thought it would go hand in hand with my last post...fear of failure is what keeps you pushing forward, but it cannot paralyze your thoughts to the point that not failing is all that matters...

No comments:

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!