Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Importance of a team...

After spending the last few days getting in some amazing skiis in Lake Louise (15cm of fresh powder yesterday, virtually untouched!) and then today at the race site in Canmore the one thing that keeps popping into my head is the importance of a team.

This "team" is not always other athletes that wear the same suit as you, although I get the "go Shayla" A LOT (which is fine, Shayla is awesome and hot, so its a good compliment!), but it is a mix of your friends, family, coaches, team members, wax technicians, team managers, boyfriends, girlfriends etc.

It is definetly possible to succeed without these elements in your life, but then the journey and experience would be lost- part of succeeding and pursuing a goal is sharing it with those that you meet along the way, using your experience to be a role model for younger athletes and sharing the trials and tribulations with others. Who would you call with tears of joy when suddenly all of those dreams and goals started becoming a tangible reality? none other then those a part of your team!

With the world cups less then a week away my team is even more important, not only to help me race fast, but also because I am pretty sure I wouldn't be standing on the start line without them!

No comments:

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!