Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tough Day at the Office...

First of all the World Cup is quite possibley the coolest thing I've ever been a part of! Between the course, the cheering crowd, the music, the announcers, the teams from all over the world and the energy of the day, cross country ski racing doesn't get much better!

The race didn't go as I had wanted- it actually went pretty bad. I didn't ski for me, I skiied for some allusive placing I had no idea would be so hard to get. I forgot that I was in a World Cup and just couldn't focus on the moment and on myself. This coupled with slow skiis and a body that wouldn't cooperate on the day didn't make for the best of races. Its definetly a start and I am hungry to race again, but this time to prove to MYSELF I can do this. Basically I had a really bad race on the wrong day. It happens, and I suppose I have to start somewhere, I was just hoping it would be a little further up the results list.

The most frustrating part was watch girls I have been either ahead of or skiing with clobber me by over three minutes. At the same time, it gives me encouragment to know that I could be up there too.

At the moment I'm exhausted, I don't know if its from the race or just the anxiety of the last few weeks or too much training.

So now I just need to recover and get ready for friday.

Brooke
There are photos on www.x-c.com and www.skifaster.net

No comments:

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!