Tuesday, January 8, 2008

TRIALS!!!

I just got back from the World Cup Trials in Duntroon this weekend. CCC hasn't posted anything yet regarding selections and I won't say "I made it" until I see my name in writing under "National Seed Group", but the races went well and I am consistent in my results. I was 4th in the pursuit and 8th in the 10km classic and 8th in the sprints. I also got my highest ever CPL points in the sprints on Saturday which was pretty cool! And I also learned that I have no tactical thoughts, reactions or abilities when it comes to sprinting- which cost me in the Semi-finals as I fell going around a technical corner because I didn't really read the course right and lost focus for just a few seconds- but I suppose that is what sprint is all about and I hope that I continue to get better at them because they are a lot of fun!!
So yeah, now I just have to wait to see what they do with the selections for these races...

Thank you for all the the good luck wishes and to those cheering on the course- it was such a fun weekend and I'm glad I had friends and family there!!!

ciao!
Brooke

No comments:

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!