Thursday, December 3, 2009

West Yellowstone Super Tour


Well the first race weekend has come and gone. I love the Supertour! There is always great music pumping, tons of athletes and the energy is always high. You can't be far off your 'A' game at these races as the time gaps are small and there is always another racer there to sneak past you if you didn't ski a flat powerful enough or a downhill aggressive enough...I love the supertour!


The first races of the year went really well, I was pleasently surprised by the new found strength I have worked hard to develop over the last few years, and getting my butt handed to me by the ankle biters on the Academy time after time in anything double pole related has definetly started to pay off!...although extremely humbling (my ego has taken quite a few hits...those girls are fast and strong! Look out!)


All in all I feel like my fitness is there and now we just have to do some sharpening and get to a place mentally where I can push past my limits!- basically the fun part about racing and all the hard work we put in through the summer! (its the reason I race!)


Next up is the Alberta Cups here in Canmore this weekend. It looks like its a pretty deep field with a ton of racers of all ages! The sprints are on Saturday followed by an individual start on Sunday.


This will be the Academy's debute as a full 20 athlete team! We have some awesome new suits too!


On Tuesday we leave for Silverstar to start the Olympic Trials races! YeeeHaww!


See you on the trails!

and thank you to everyone who has supported me on this quest! I am super excited to see what I have in my engine!


cheers,

Brooke

No comments:

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!