Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tomorrow is another day...

Yesterday was tough- very tough! In any other 30km classic race I would have been pretty happy with a 6th place finish, but as we are all aware, this was an Olympics trials race. And so, of course I am dissapointed with the result.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about the last week. The week went well for me- I've improved, but I know its not enough. To make the Olympic team you need to ski like an Olympian and although I am getting there, its just not enough this time around.

I did however learn a lot. And no matter if I continue to chase the Olympic dream for another four years or move on to another challenge I know I will remember the emotions of the last week and I know it has made me stronger (although that might not be apparent under the tears right now :)

I also watched in awe as my teammates nailed down gutsy performances in no doubt very tough and challenging competition, terrain and battling personal matters. I am very amazed at their strength and courage and I am so proud to be their teammate!

So for now the whole "not making the Olympics" part totally sucks! BUT tomorrow is another day and I am healthy, happy and have amazing friends and family, teammates and coaches. So tomorrow I pick a new daunting dream and see if I can chase that one down!

Congrats to all those who were named to the Canadian team- the world better watch out because there are some fast skiers ready to strut their stuff in Vancouver!

Have a great holiday!! and of course...most definetly eat way too much!!!

cheers,
Brooke

1 comment:

Everton Domingues said...

Congratulattions for the wins, near Ottawa, last week end. I'm brasilian journalist (TV and internet) and publish it here http://vancouverolimpica.blogspot.com/2010/01/texto_31.html.
Are you go to Vancouver'2010 in canadian team?
Good luck!

Everton Domingues
www.vancouverolimpica.blogspot.com

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!