Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Winter is here!

The last few weeks have been awesome! Training is moving along nicely and although I am starting to feel the last three weeks of a tougher block I feel like I have made a ton of positive gains! To top it off most of the skiers in the valley have been taking advantage of the ski loop at the Nordic Centre and although its small, its a much needed break from slamming my poles into cold pavement!

Canmore of course was beautiful today, we finally had a sunny day! today we did a combination run/ski workout. We skied around for 2 hrs and then ran up the highline trail to finish off a volume day. There is a ton of snow on the highline which made navigating some of the rocky sections a little challenging.

We leave for our first races on November 21st to West Yellowstone. I am pretty excited to start racing as I have worked really hard on my weaknesses this summer and I am hoping it will translate to faster skiing.

I hope you have great day!
Brooke

No comments:

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!