Sunday, July 22, 2007


Eat, Sleep, Eat, Train, Eat, Sleep, Eat, Train, Eat, Sleep...Repeat tomorrow.


I am not a conventional athlete. Or atleast I didn't use to be. The past few months I have found myself succombing to the usual way of an elite athlete. I haven't exactly figured out why, but what I can say is that I am thankful I focussed enough for this last training block to be a 24hr athlete, but I am also thankful for the break.


A very important part of training and succeeding is resting and enjoying the time off. As I say this, training to me is fun, I love it, and I don't need a holiday from it...but my body does need the rest, and I have to admit that, and allow it to rest and recover from what I put it through the last six weeks. Basically the idea is to break your body down, recover, come back stronger and do it again...and enjoy it.


So I'm heading back to Ontario for a VACATION as it states in my program...I have an easy week of 10 hrs of training!

No comments:

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!