Thursday, November 20, 2008

Some Thoughts

wow, I'm impressed with my blog updates this week...I'm sure I will forget soon enough. Sometimes I like to write things here because I know I can go back to it when I forget...

This year is going to be hard. There are no easy days or easy races. Everyday I pull that bib on I have to go into the race ferocious and ready to fight. There should be no thoughts other then "what can I do to get there the fastest". Fight for seconds- the field WILL be tight, lots of women have stepped it up and there are lots of youngsters coming up. On race day age, past races won or lost, experience, or injury fade away. Its you against yourself- dig deep and tuck a little longer, free skate out of the downhill, propel yourself over the top of the hill, challenge yourself to go faster in the middle of the race, fight through the sticking points, accept and relish the pain, know that the pain is only temporary and you can always overcome what you inflict on yourself.

Go for it. Stomp it. Claim it.

Cheer for yourself. Believe in yourself.

Be Relentless.

and don't forget to smile. If your a nordic skiier you already know its the greatest sport out there and you already know that there is no better job that that of a full time athlete!

Get ready to pounce!

Brooke

No comments:

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!