Thursday, May 1, 2008

MAY 1- giddy up


What am I doing this year?? by this year I mean from May 1- April 1 (the Nordic skiier calendar).

I just accepted a spot on the Alberta World Cup Academy! After a month of debate and questions and worry about how I will be able to financially afford this I decided that it is the best option for me at this point in time!

However, I don't want to sign off before making a point of expressing how amazing my parents are. After phone call after phone call filled with tears of not knowing how to proceed with the 2008/2009 season (see previous posts) today they told me that they would help make it work. This is not the first time that my parents have seemingly found a way to believe me more then I think I believe in myself. Afterall this is just as much their pursuit (without the sweat of course) as it is mine and if I do well then it is something that echos through my family and similarly if I get my heart broken (and I'm not talking about guys) they are the first to scoop me back up on my feet and tell me to try again.

My priorities this spring have changed drastically and my love for the sport as grown exponentially because of this shift in thought. Instead of skiing being the be all and end all of life, it has become a part of my life and something that complements who I am- it doesn't define me.

This april has been so refreshing and I think I have mastered the perma-grin. There is not one thing I would change! Life can be so amazing if you allow yourself to enjoy it!- who knew!!!???

May 1st!!!! GAME ON!!!

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!