Monday, June 15, 2009

Canmore Challenge Update

The Canmore Challenge chewed me up and spit me out. The course trashed my legs and my ego! There is nothing more humbling then getting you but kicked by nature and happily paying $40.00 to get it kicked!

The race went well I did what I could with what I had on that day. The women took the race out hard and from less then five seconds in I was racing for survival. At one point I forgot I was racing and just had "up and over" running through my head. I didn't have anything in the tank for a speedy finish as I had hoped, but I was happy with the almost puking, just want to lie down and sleep feeling after- that was the point afterall! I am still recovering...apparently I'm getting old!

This race was also the qualifier for the World mountain running championships and although it is tempting to hop on that plane for an Italian holiday I think staying here and staying focused on skiing is the best thing. Mountain running will be there next year and the year after!

We have a mellow week this week! and then testing week next week. The race I did on Saturday served as a "prep" for our V02 Max test which is running and although I gave it my all on Saturday I will have to get myself in a whole different zone for the V02 test.

off to work!
Brooke

1 comment:

ABOUT ME:

I love the mountains, the snow and the inspiration and motivation they give me to pursue my athletic and life pursuits!